How many of your people will hear the gospel, the saving good news of Jesus Christ, today? Will they understand it when they hear it? Will they hear it as good news?
“He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” (Mark 10:13, NIV).
As we develop and implement plans to take the gospel to every sector of our people or community, we dare not forget the children. Joey A., a missionary serving in the heart of the Muslim unreached world, has developed compelling resources for communicating the Good News with children, and discipling them in the faith.
Let the little children come to me
The first is a kid-friendly cartoon tract is called "Welcome to Heaven" that has now been translated into more than a dozen languages, including English, Spanish, Hungarian,
Romanian, Tagalog, Cebuano, Nepali, and Bengali. Anyone wishing to translate this tract into another language, can contact us and we will put you in touch with Joey, who will send the cartoons without the text. You can view the full text of the cartoon tract here.
The second is a booklet series for evangelizing and discipling children called Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers. They are currently available in English and Bangla. The English version is available on Amazon.com.
The Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers series introduces children ages four to eight to fundamental Biblical teachings about God. The most foundational teachings of the Christian faith are presented in this four-book set at a level preschool and elementary children can understand. Colorful illustrations compliment every page of orthodox Christian doctrine, creating an enjoyable learning experience for the child. The Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers series promotes God-centered theology with simple and precise teaching while offering stability and a strong, lasting connection with the faith.
A Four-book Series
1) The Trinity promotes the doctrine that there is one God who exists in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This teaching is foundational for a child’s understanding of God; a fact about the Trinity is presented on each page, leading the child to a stronger faith.
2) The Scripture teaches children that the Word of God is true, inspirational, reliable, and dependable in all circumstances at all times.
3) The Mission presents the Great Commission in a manner that is easily understood by children. The world is full of people who need a Savior, and it’s up to us to share the gospel with them.
4) The Gospel relates a gospel message of salvation to children, at their level of understanding, planting seeds that will hopefully blossom into a Christian life of dedication to our Savior and Lord.
• For children ages 4-8
• Teaches fundamental doctrines of the Bible
• Promotes basic theological ideas
• Builds a lasting faith at an early age
• Includes colorful illustrations on every page
Christians know the answer to this question. The good news is eternal salvation in Jesus Christ. But lost people don’t always get it. Many, perhaps most, of them don’t even understand the question. If they did they would jump at the simple offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
A good place to start is where they are.
So how do people who don’t understand their own need for salvation find the good news of Jesus Christ? A good place to start is where they are.